Sunday, July 13, 2008

Unemployed...and Slightly Depressed


Man...I thought it was going to be a fun summer but so far I've been suffering from a mild case of depression after having my first potential job interview. I knew that my pampered past style of employment was long gone the day I signed the pink slip at Loblaws but the reality of that situation came crashing down last week.

I went in for an interview with Costco Warehouses last Tuesday and had what seems to be a successful interview! Of course, that's where reality came crashing down. The job is for an afternoon baker with definite weekend commitments.

Ew...

I'm sort of okay with the nature of afternoon work as long as it doesn't conflict with the more important things in my life like previous commitments and what not but what really gets me worried is the fact that I will have to work Sundays now if I choose to take the job for the first time in my life. I never worked the weekends at all in my previous employment. I was a strict Monday to Friday kind of guy.

The best thing is that they know I cannot work past noon on Sundays due to previously arranged commitments but I can't seem to wrap my head emotionally around the fact that my weekends are no longer mine to call my own.

What do I do?